Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Surprise!!

On our travel volleyball team, we had a few girls who also played on our high school softball team.  We also had one who played on a nearby high school team.  Well, yesterday they played each other in Russellville.  Our team mom thought it would be a great idea to go and watch the softball girls play and cheer them on.  After the game, she thought we could all go out to dinner and get pizza for our 'end of the year' party.  I thought that was a great idea!  It was such a nice day outside; a perfect day to watch some softball.  After the game we all piled into some cars and drove to the local pizza hut.  When we pulled up, I was looking for my phone and couldn't find it anywhere.  Jonny's phone was dead so we couldn't use the handy 'find my iphone' app that has helped us out so many times.  We tried calling but it was on silent.  So I got back in the car and drove back to the park, got out and looked all over and no luck.  I got back to the car and heard the beeping noise that your phone plays when someone else has located your phone with the 'find my iphone' app.  I found it.  It was in the car all along.  It had slipped under the seat.  I called someone that I knew would be back at the party and told them I had found it and was heading back.  I pulled up and walked inside.  I turned the corner to hear everyone yell, "SURPRISE!!!!!" (See video below)


I was so confused because I didn't really understand why they were all yelling surprise.  I thought they thought I didn't know about the pizza get together.  You gotta watch the video for the whole experience. It was classic.

The girls ended up throwing Jonny and I a surprise baby shower!  It was so sweet of them.  The team got us an end of the year coaches gift of a bunch of little onsies, diaper cake and pack n play and then some girls wanted to bring other gifts on top of that.  They are seriously the best group of girls and parents you could ask for!  We have been lucky to have been a part of such a wonderful group.  Here are a few pictures from last night... :)
 
 
Where this shot is being taken is the entry way.  This is where I was so shocked.  I was so confused I just kept looking at the girls and never looked behind them.  Isnt' it so cute though!?
 

Some of the knick knacks the girls bought us.  They used it as decorations!

 
 
 
A view of the table and pack n play that they had set up and put presents inside.  I just loved it!
 

Diaper cake!





 
Opening presents.  Of course, we got one of Jonny being goofy.
 

Our volleyball girls.

 
The whole gang.  Thanks girls!!

Here is a picture of me this morning at 23 1/2 weeks!  I feel like time is flying by.  When I think about all the things that need to get done before she comes, I get overwhelmed! 

 
<3

2 comments: