Friday, April 19, 2013

Doctors Appointment!

Tuesday I had my 22-23 week appointment.  I don't actually know what week I am supposed to be on.  I got all messed up because I went in early at 6 weeks so I may be a little off of the normal.  Anyway, this appointment was just a routine appointment.  Surprisingly, my first routine appointment even though I am 23 weeks pregnant.  I have had an ultrasound every time I have gone to see the doctors.  The first at 6 weeks to make sure everything was ok.  The second was at 10 weeks, which was just a lab appointment but the nurse practitioner is a good friend on ours and did it more as a favor.  That was the same appointment that she thought she saw TWO heartbeats and ended up taking us to the big ultrasound room to double check.  Nope...just one little nugget in there :)  Then, I had another appointment at 14 weeks, which happened to land on the week my parents were out here.  My doctor was an hour late to our appointment because he had an emergency c-section.  I don't know if he did an ultrasound as a favor to us for waiting for him, or if he saw that my mom was there from California and wanted to give her a good gift for her birthday (my doctors appointment landed on her birthday).  Whatever it was, I was pretty excited to be able to have an ultrasound.  I mean, come on, who isn't excited to be able to SEE their baby grow!  I love it. 


The next appointment was the anatomy scan/gender reveal appointment where they did the big ultrasound to find out what we were having.  I loved every second of that appointment.  They took pictures of all the body parts to make sure everything was looking and growing well.  It was so fun to see all parts of the baby, especially finding out that she is a GIRL! :)

Here's the little arm.  So cute.  This was the first image we saw.  I think she might have been sucking her thumb.  Oh no!


Here are two different pictures of the foot.  One side and one bottom view.  My heart melts every time I look at these.  Who doesn't just love baby feet!!?!
 
And the infamous profile pic.  Just adorable.
 
And Tuesday was my last appointment.  I was excited to see what was going to be done at a "routine" appointment.  They took my weight, which I have gained a total of 8 1/2 pounds.  My doctor said he was worried after my last weigh in when I had lost weight and was down to gaining a total of 3 pounds.  He said I am right back on track.  Yay!!  Then, he listened to the heartbeat.  The babe was moving like crazy and actually kicked the Doppler stick a couple of times.  He took a little while to find the heartbeat because he would get it, and she would move.  It was quite comical.  Then he measured my stomach.  I guess if you measure from the top of the pelvic bone to the top of the uterus, it should be the equivalent to how many weeks you are.  I was measuring 23 1/2-24 centimeters (which I should have been somewhere between 22-23) but my doctor didn't seemed worried at all.  We finished by talking about how things are going and talking about upcoming vacations.  He said I am free to go on all scheduled vacations as of right now.  He really is one great doctor.  I am glad I have someone like him that Jonny and I both love and feel comfortable with! :)

 
Here is my belly picture yesterday at 22 weeks 6 days.  23 weeks tomorrow!  My bump is starting to become more prominent in all types of clothing which is fun.  I don't look like I am not pregnant or that I just ate two monster burritos anymore.  I look like there is a baby in there :)
 
 
 
Time for another weekly update :)
 
How far along are you: 23 weeks
 
Maternity clothes: Yes.  I am really waiting for it to warm up permanently so that I can wear more summer stuff.  My mom so graciously bought me a few maternity bottoms but they are all shorts and capris.  So while it is still cold some days, I have to be creative.
 
Sleep: I have been SO tired lately that sleeping has actually gotten better the last couple of weeks.  I have been so tired by 9pm.  I feel like I am in my first trimester again! (just without all the nausea and a bigger belly)
 
Best moment this week: Soon after getting the nursery set up, I sat in there and had my first "oh my gosh" moment.  I actually thought and had a vision of us putting OUR baby in the crib.  I also thought about walking in after nap time (I know this won't happen for a while but I still thought about it) and having our baby girl grinning from ear to ear with her hair all messed up.  I thought how amazing it will be for a baby to call me mommy.  I have been an aunt for so long and have always wanted what my brothers and sisters have and now it is happening! I couldn't be happier! :)
 
Miss anything: The ease of getting up from laying down.
 
Movement: I am starting to feel her everyday now, multiple times a day.  She still cracks me up because she loves to wake up and move at 8pm, almost on the dot.  Last night Jonny felt her so strong right at 8pm.
 
Food cravings: None.  I'm actually kind of enjoying not having cravings right now.  I like the think that it helps me control my weight better.
 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.
 
Have you started to show yet: I think this week has been "the" week.  My coworkers have said something....and most of them are guys!  I think this week that I have started showing in just about everything.  I am not sure if I can wear something that I don't show in...
 
Gender: Baby girl :)
 
Belly button in or out: In
 
Labor signs: No
 
Wedding rings on or off: On
 
Looking forward to: The summer vacations we have planned!  I know they are still 6-7 weeks away but I can't wait!!
 
 
Have a good weekend y'all!! 

1 comment:

  1. yayyy! you look so cute!! :) Routine appointments are so lame after you have an ultrasound :/ Happy birthday little babe! :)

    ReplyDelete