Friday, May 17, 2013

twenty-seven weeks

I keep saying that my weeks are crazy but seriously...this week was INSANE!! Jonny and I didn't get home any day this week before 8:30pm.  That means straight from work we headed to the gym and were there until about 8pm every night.  Wednesday I had mutual and Jonny went out with the missionaries doing his calling.  This week alone, we did 7 private lessons, had 3 volleyball practices and church Wednesday night.  Luckily, we don't have much going on tomorrow except I am going on a 5 mile hike with our girls for a camp certification at 9am!  I would complain more that it is so early but most likely I won't be able to sleep in anyway.  Last Saturday, we didn't plan anything until after 9am so that I could sleep in.  I woke up at 7:30.  Awesome.

Last week Jonny got a call from his sister Emily.  She said she had received this little boys fourth grade class project.  The project is similar to "Flat Stanley" if anyone has ever heard of that.  Basically, he sent out this notebook that he called his travel log.  He sent it to someone out of state that he knew.  They were asked to send a postcard back to his school so he could track his book while they kept the book and filled out some pages.  He wanted to know where it went and to describe the town/city/state.  He wanted to know what the weather was like and what we did for fun.  Once you filled it out, you sent it to someone else in a different state.  Emily received it from her husband's missionary companions that lives in Washington DC.  Emily asked if she could send it to us since it had not yet gone to Arkansas and if we would be willing to write in it.  The only thing was that it needed to be done and sent back within a week.  So we agreed and I am glad that we did.  It was so much fun writing to this little boy who I know is so excited to get his travel log back.  I also loved looking at where it went and all the cool pictures that people put in there about different states.  If I enjoyed it, then I know he would too.  I took a picture of the five pages we did.  Whatcha think?
 
   

 

  
 
Also, this week some co workers from Jonny's school asked him if they could throw him a shower!  So the last week of school, they are planning on throwing us a small casual shower.  It was so nice of them to want to throw us a shower just for Jonny.  We feel so blessed with all of the love our friends and family have for us and for this little baby.  She is going to be so dang spoiled.  Heck, she already is and she isn't even here yet!
Now for the moment you have all been waiting for.  Drum roll please...................
THE WEEKLY UPDATE!! :)


 
 
*Upper left is 26.5, upper right is 26.6 and middle bottom is today at 27 weeks :)
 
Total weight gain so far: 11 pounds according to my last doctors visit on 5/7.  We don't own a scale so the only weight updates I get are from the doctors.

How far along are you: 27 weeks

Maternity clothes: Yep.  But I do have a belly band that I have learned to utilize while I still can.  Its kind of nice wearing my old clothes that I haven't been able to fit into for weeks.
Sleep: I need more of it.  I have been so exhausted.  I think a lot of it has to do with how busy we are but I also want to think some of it is because I hear the tiredness of pregnancy comes back in the 3rd trimester (which is next week!)
Best moment this week: Getting our pack n play in the mail that my Mom and Dad bought for us!  Having a baby is like Christmas almost everyday.  It's awesome!

Miss anything: My body.  I know I still have 3 months to go to want that back more but I kind of miss it.  I also miss being able to go out in the sun and just getting tan.  I went to the state soccer tournament last weekend and sat outside for a couple of hours and got a little sunburned.  I can count the number of times I have burned in my life on one hand! It just doesn't happen.  I have heard that your body does weird things when your pregnant.  I guess skin sensitivity is one of them...
Movement: Yep.  I even got kicked the other day that kind of hurt.  It made me stop in the middle of my sentence.  I figure this will happen more and more as the baby gets bigger.
Food cravings: Nada. Zippo.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.  My tummy feels upset sometimes after eating something spicy but that's about it.

Have you started to show yet: Yes but I hear almost everyday when I'm asked how far along I am or when the baby is due, "you don't look 6 months pregnant" or "are you sure there is a baby in there?" I guess I should take that as a compliment but when I hear it everyday, multiple times a day, it gets old.
Gender: Girl
Belly button in or out: In but kind of flattening out
Labor signs: Nothing
Wedding rings on or off: On and no swelling.  I hope with the hot weather coming that it will stay that way too.
Looking forward to: Our 4D ultrasound is on Monday!  I have had my thoughts about this but I am getting more and more excited as it gets closer.  I just hope that she cooperates a little better than she did in the anatomy scan.  She almost didn't let us find out what she was in that.  I hope we can get a good view of her cute little face! :)

1 comment:

  1. You look so cute!!! I love your hair! And I love that travel log idea--how fun! Jr's class did Flat Stanley, but this is so cool to have one kid's journal going all over the place.

    ReplyDelete