Friday, May 31, 2013

Short but sweet

Short but sweet is the perfect summary of this week.  The weekend was amazing! I felt refreshed after being able to spend some time out by the pool catching some rays and sleeping in.  I only had 4 days of work this week which was nice because it made the week go by faster.  Jonny's coworkers threw us a "short but sweet" baby shower (see more below).  Everything about this week was short but sweet. including this blog post. 
 
Not much went on this week besides lots of volleyball (surprised?).  I have been packing and cleaning during my spare time.  I feel ready to leave today which makes life at work peaceful instead of stressing about all I have to do at home.  I just can't wait for the next week.  I am looking forward to seeing friends and family and spending lots of time in the car with my two loves.  Weird to think about that...
 
Here is the weekly update.  Only one more week and I will be in the 30's.  2 more weeks and I will be in the single digit countdown.  Holy crud.
 
 
Here I am at 28.5 weeks



These are taking this morning (29 weeks).  The one on the left is how I look just walking around (not fitted) and the one on the right I kind of fitted to my stomach to see a little bit more definition.


 
This picture is ONE week difference.  After last post, I realized that I really did grow overnight.  Now it is fun to compare days and weeks.  This was wearing the same shirt.  You can see how much I popped in one week.  Crazy!
 
Total weight gain so far: 16 pounds total.  Doctor said I should be gaining close to a pound a week from here on out.  Holy smokes.

How far along are you: 29 weeks
 
Maternity clothes: Yes.  I am starting to fill them out too!
 
 Sleep: So tired every night.  The start of this last week I was waking up in the morning with lower back pain.  So I decided that I would try out using the body pillow.  Let me tell you...A-MAZ-ING! I have found the optimal temperature where I am not sweating and Jonny isn't freezing.  Sleep has been wonderful!  I actually feel refreshed in the morning. 
 
 Best moment this week: Having another little baby shower.  This time it was thrown by Jonny's coworkers.  It was small, short and sweet.  It was perfect!  And Jonny was there which was fun because if anyone knows me, I do not like opening gifts in front of people.  I feel like I am not very good at giving good impressions.  I pretty much love everything I get but for some reason I can't show that on my face like I feel it on the inside.  And knowing that makes me try to hard and then it seems fake.  I just don't like it.  On a happier note, THANKS to everyone who came and a special thanks to Jessica and Judy for throwing it!  So nice of you :)
 
Miss anything: I miss being able to lay on my stomach while out by the pool.  I was out by the pool this weekend for memorial day and it was great!  Except the front half of me has the start of a nice tan and the back pretty much has nothing.  I tried to come up with something to help me be able to lay on my stomach.  I did wrap a pool noodle around my stomach like a little donut which helped but still not the most comfortable thing in the world.
 
 Movement: Yes and still enjoyable.
 
 Food cravings: Nope
 
 Anything making you queasy or sick: Not at all
 
Have you started to show yet: Yes. Getting bigger everyday.  Literally...I grew overnight last week.  It is crazy how much I am growing. I am glad I am taking pictures.
 
 Gender: Girl
 
 Belly button in or out: In
 
 Labor signs: Nope
 
 Wedding rings on or off: On
 
 Looking forward to: UTAH! We leave today and will drive to Utah.  We will stop in Fort Collins and see our friends and then off to Utah for a week to see family!  On our way home, we will stop in Steamboat Springs and spend some time with Jonny's brother.  I cannot wait to have a short but much needed vacation! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment