Friday, July 26, 2013

FULL TERM!!!

Yowerz!  Full term.  I can't believe it.  Well, actually I can since I feel like I have been pregnant for 9 years rather than 9 months.  It's crazy to think that I will be having a baby sometime in the next 4 weeks...hoping for sooner rather than later.  I'm getting antsy! :)

Well first off, we are getting soooo close to having the nursery done completely!  Yay!  We have things hung up and everything put away.  The only thing we have left to do is painting a shelf that will hold our baby's brown and green quilt on the wall.  We will also put a few things on top of the shelf, including the name and some cut out painted elephants.  I will take a picture this weekend after Jonny finishes painting them, without the name of course. :)  Jonny has done an awesome job being the little handy man.  He is getting everything ready for the baby to come!

Here is one angle of the nursery

Another angle.  The last angle is what would be right behind me in this picture.  That will make next weeks blog post :)

Other news this week...Apparently I can't call any of my family members in the next 3 weeks without them thinking I am going into labor.  I called my sister Jessica last week to ask her a random question and the first thing she said was "Oh gosh I thought you were calling cause you are in labor!"  Ha.  Nope just calling to ask how to sew the car seat canopy straps on.  Close though.  Then a very similar thing happened with my mom a few days later.  I called to ask her some questions about her flight out here and she missed the call.  Then when she called back, I was at a volleyball lesson so I couldn't answer.  I thought I would text her to tell her I would call her back.  My aunt nae responded (my mom is in Arizona and my aunt is visiting as well) since my mom was driving and said "Don't scare us like that!" Ha.  I understand that they are on the edge of their seats as much as I am and one of these days I won't just be calling to ask about sewing or flight details! 

My doctors appointment this week went well, besides the fact that I didn't leave the office until 5:05pm and we checked in at 2:50pm.  My doctor had every kind of patient that day.  Miscarriages to two different people finding out they are having twins to people having seizures to delivering a baby.  Crazy.  He just did the same appointment that we have been doing the last couple of appointments.  Checking my belly to make sure it was measuring right and listening to the heartbeat.  Everything looked good.  He told me we would be checking dilation and effacement on this coming Tuesday.  I was under the impression that he was going to do that last appointment but he said he normally doesn't check for that until a patient reaches 37 weeks which I was a few days short when I saw him.  So just a couple of days.  Curious to know if any progress has been made! :) Cross your fingers!

Last thing before the pregnancy update...We were at a volleyball lesson on Tuesday and our baby's pediatrician, who happens to be our best friends here, was shagging for his daughters lesson.  We were all helping shag and put stuff away at the end of the lesson and he jokingly came over to my stomach and pretended like he was grabbing the "volleyball" out from under my shirt to put in the ball cart.  We all laughed and his daughter said "it really looks like you are hiding a volleyball under there."  I turned to Jonny and said "you need to put a volleyball under your shirt and we can take a picture."  Neylon, our pediatrician then grabbed a ball and stuck it under his shirt.  We were all dying.  Jonny took a picture and was shocked how similar it was!  I then posted it on Facebook and Instagram and shared with others who found it funny and now I am sharing again for anyone that missed it :)  It still makes me laugh when I look at it...

Ps: I have definitely dropped!


Weekly update time! :)

36.3

36.6

 37 weeks aka Full Term!

 Total weight gain so far: Had a pretty big leap in one week and jumped up a pound and a half.  Up to 22 pounds total weight gain.

How far along are you: 37 weeks

Maternity clothes: No shocker here but yes.

Sleep: Still sleeping well, just tired.  Always.  I occasionally wake up at night but just for me to roll over and then I'm out again within seconds.

Best moment this week: Couple of things this week. 1.) Found out that my mom's flight schedule is SUPER flexible and will (crossing fingers!) make it here for the delivery!  I am sooooo excited about that! 2.) Getting the nursery complete (or really really close) takes a little bit of stress off.  3.) The breastfeeding and infant care class that we attended.  I learned a lot about breastfeeding that made me so much more comfortable and the infant care part of it was so nice for Jonny and I both.  I brought up a lot of topics for us to discuss.  And 4.) seeing the volleyball girls' faces when they see my belly move.  They love it just as much as I do.  I will miss not being able to see and feel her move all the time but it will be nice to get my body back too and have a baby to hold! 

Miss anything: Kind of weird but I miss being able to crack my back.  I used to be able to turn and twist and push on my back to get it to crack and it felt so good but I can't do that right now.  Couple of weeks and I will be able to do that again! :)

Movement: Yes.  I am pretty sure (and so is my doctor) that the babe is head down.  So I try to figure out by what movements are going on, what she is doing and what part of her body I am feeling.  It's kind of fun!

Food cravings: Nope.  I have kind of had the opposite of cravings.  Sometimes I struggle finding something that sounds good to eat.  I will find something I enjoy and pretty much eat that non stop for almost every meal and then a week later it doesn't sound good anymore and the steps repeat.  For example, cereal a couple of weeks ago was so good that I ate it pretty much everyday for breakfast and dinner.  Now I eat it in the mornings but its not as enjoyable as it was a couple of weeks ago.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope. 

Have you started to show yet: Def.

Gender: Girl

Belly button in or out: Flat/in-ish

Labor signs: Not really labor signs but this week I have been having constant menstrual like cramping for hours at a time.  I told my doctor about it and he told me that it is normal and its just the increased pressure from the baby dropping and moving her way down into my pelvic bone.  So I guess that's good cause that means there is something progressing! Hopefully that means that it is dilating and effacing me too! 

Wedding rings on or off: On.  Luckily I have been blessed not to have much swelling.

Looking forward to: having this baby!  Let's face it...I can't focus on anything but this baby lately!  All my thoughts and dreams are about the baby.  I get emotional watching birth stories or seeing pictures of people and their new babies being born.  I just want Baby Neeley here so I can hold her and love her and be her mama the best I can be! <3

Well...here's to another week.  Hopefully there will be an update next week.  Actually hopefully not because that means that I will either have had the baby or be in labor!! Yikes!

2 comments: