Friday, June 28, 2013

It's official...

This week, I officially became an Arkansan...

My Utah drivers license expired on my birthday a couple of weeks ago so I had to get a new one.  At first, I was told that I had to go and take the written test, not open book!  I was so scared.  I hadn't done that since I was 15 taking my permit test.  Luckily living in a small town, if you know the right people, they can pull some strings for you.  That's exactly what I did.  My co worker knew the lady that works at the DMV.  He said if I brought my birth certificate, marriage license and old drivers license she would be able to issue me a new license.  So I went from this...

 
to this.....

 
I asked her if I could have my Utah license back and she said no!  How sad is that?  So I am glad that I got a picture of it before she took it.  Apparently they have some issues of counterfeiting drivers license so the state requires them to take any old ones. 
 
I figured that I needed to go and get a license before trying to fly next week to New York.  We are planning on going to Niagara Falls when we visit New York so I realized my passport has expired.  We wanted to get it reissued so that we would be able to go over to the Canadian side.  So after I got my license, I had to go and get my passport.  Hopefully that will come in the mail any day now.  It was a stressful couple of weeks trying to get all the identification needed to get both the license and passport but I did it. 
 
These week Jonny came home!  Yay.  It was a long 6 days with him away.  A lot of sleepless nights.  A lot of watching shows because there was nothing else to do.  A lot of meals for one :(  I am glad I don't have to do that often.
 
This week was also what I have dubbed the "anniversary week".  Not because Jonny and I celebrated our anniversary all week long but because in our two families combined, we have June 25-29th covered with wedding anniversaries.  June 25 was Jonny's parents 38th wedding anniversary.  It is so amazing to see a couple be together for so long.  June 26th is Jonny's older brothers wedding anniversary.  Then there is ours on June 27th and this year we celebrated 4 years married.  Jonny and I took a stroll down memory lane and talked about how long we had been dating, what our anniversaries were like, moments of our dating days, etc.  It was so fun to relive those moments with him.  Makes me REALLY wish I was better at keeping a journal.  :( June 28th is my sisters 10th wedding anniversary and June 29th is Jonny's grandma's wedding anniversary date.  Apparently, we all thought the same in thinking the last week of June would be a great time to be married.  It's been a fun week knowing some of our family is celebrating marriage like we are! :)  Happy Anniversary!  Here is a collage of all but Jonny's grandmas wedding pictures and below are the gorgeous flowers that Jonny got me yesterday.  He is so precious!
 
 
 

Next week we will be taking a trip to New York!  My first time ever.  Can't wait to see some pretty awesome things and be able to spend some time with my in laws. 

Now stay tuned for the weekly update!


 32 weeks and 4 days
 
32 weeks and 5 days
 
This morning at 33 weeks

 
 
 
 
Total weight gain so far: Next appointment is Tuesday before we leave.  So still at 16 1/2 pounds for now.
 



How far along are you: 33 weeks
 
 
Maternity clothes: Yep.  I think I am just going to resort to skirts and dresses for the next several weeks.  So much easier and cooler than shorts.



Sleep: Sleep has been better.  I am starting to get hot at night.  We keep the house pretty cool (poor Jonny gets chilly at night) but some nights I still wake up sweating.  Also, my stomach is getting bigger and less comfortable without something underneath.  I have a body pillow but it is really hot so I prefer not to use it cause it isn't worth waking up sweating!



Best moment this week: Jonny came home!  And celebrating our 4 year anniversary :)


 

Miss anything: I miss being comfortable.  This basketball is starting to get a little uncomfortable.  Sitting, walking, standing, laying, etc. its all kind of getting uncomfortable.  Only a few more weeks...

 
Movement: Everyday.  Sometimes I feel like she is rolling around in circles because it will be non stop for 15 minutes.  Then she wears herself out and sleeps.  Then a couple hours later she does it again.  I better get used to it... I think we will be having an active baby on our hands.



 
Food cravings: No not really.  I like to have a little bit of sweets after a meal.  Lately it has been ice cream sandwiches...mmmm
 
 
Anything making you queasy or sick: No



Have you started to show yet: Yes. 
 

Gender: Girl
 
Belly button in or out: Still flat. Not in or out.

 


Labor signs: Nope and hopefully not for a least a couple more weeks. But an occasional Braxton Hicks.  Maybe once every couple of days that I really notice.

 


Wedding rings on or off: On. And no swelling.



 
Looking forward to: Our trip to New York next week.  It will be so fun!  I hope it won't be too hot up there.  I am excited to see my in laws and see some historic sites for our church! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment